Miss West Africa UK is an intense and exciting beauty pageant celebrating the beautiful and intelligent ladies from West Africa or of West African origin in the United Kingdom, whilst promoting West African culture, tourism, beauty and lifestyle to the wider UK audience. The competition has set records as the most prestigious and glamourous African pageant to be held in the UK as well as the most popular by media and public opinion. Miss West Africa is currently the only international African pageant to take place across Europe, the Americas, and Africa, under one organizing body.
The current Miss West Africa UK is Astride Costa, who during her reign doing charity work, modelling for designers in Uk and Africa, and her many personal appearances has shown herself to be an enthusiastic, charitable, and ambitious queen who has made Africa and UK proud. Bilingual Astride is also a talented, aspiring singer plus a creative designer who designed her own dress for her appearance at the UK final. With her West African origins and her cockney accent, Astride is a true representation of West Africans in UK, and the Miss West Africa organisation are proud of her intentions and willingness to carry the crown.
The winner of Miss West Africa UK 2012 will act as a spokeswoman for the organisation, and as an ambassador for her chosen charities. She will also represent the United Kingdom at the Miss West Africa International competition in one of the West African countries at the end of 2012.
Applications for the 2012 pageant are out now. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
If you think you fit as well as capable of the criteria below, then you can be Miss West Africa UK.
- Contestants must be ready and willing to carry out charitable duties
- Contestants must be able to attend all rehearsals to their best ability
- Contestant must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years
- Contestant must be between sizes 6 and 14
- Contestant must be no shorter than 5ft2
- Contestant must be comfortable in swimwear
- Contestant must be either African and born in West Africa, or have 50% or more of West African Parentage, or born outside West Africa but with full West African Heritage.
The countries include: Burkina Faso, Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Gambia, Senegal.
- Contestant must be able to travel, have a valid passport & no criminal convictions
- Poor behaviour on the part of a contestant will result in disqualification. Code of conduct will be outlined in the registration contract
- Contestant must be confident with a winning spirit and attitude
- Contestants must email to email@example.com, two images immediately after applying online.
- There will be a registration fee to cover administration and a photo shoot, so we encourage pageants to seek sponsors for the entire course, although, we will engage in helping yourself find sponsors after registration.
- The winner of this pageant should be prepared to travel to Africa and engage in charitable work, as well as remain under the sole management of Miss West Africa ltd during the period of her reign.
- Miss West Africa Reserves the right to change the rules and regulations without prior notice.
- Judges will be appointed by local and international organisers to identify Miss West Africa on the attributes above.
For more info, contact
MISS WEST AFRICA LTD
+44(0)7796 932 028
You Might Also Like